The James L. McKeown Boys & Girls Club of Woburn is paying close attention to concerns and developments around Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. As always, our top priority is to keep our members, families and staff safe. We are staying in close contact with local agencies, including Woburn Public Schools and the Board of Health, as well as monitoring national and state guidelines. As this global pandemic and information surrounding it unfolds, you can find any updates to our operations here on this page.
September 6, 2020 Update
James L. McKeown Boys & Girls Club of Woburn is currently reviewing new standards released by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that may allow us to open in the fall of 2020.
We are working with the City of Woburn, Woburn Public Schools, and other community-based organizations to collaborate on ways to best support this upcoming challenging academic year for families and students.
Any information about upcoming programs will be posted here.
All of us at the Club cannot wait until we can all be together again, and we wish you well during these difficult times. Thank you for your understanding.
Julie Gage, Executive Director
What The Club Is Doing
The Club has expanded it already stringent sanitation and disinfectant procedures. Our staff team is committed to health and safety through the following measures:
– High touch areas, including door handles, phones, keyboards, equipment, are sanitized daily.
– Staff is encouraging members to wash their hands and handing washing supplies are easily available.
– Our pool is checked multiple times a day to monitor chlorine and other chemical levels to ensure they are in the acceptable range according to the Board of Health. Our swimming pool also uses UV sanitation. Members are reminded to not share towels and to shower immediately before and after swimming.
– We are assessing our planned large group activities and will update in the need of postponing or cancellations.
What You Can Do
To support our efforts at the Club, we ask that our members and families be conscious of recommended guidelines:
– Members who are sick should stay home to avoid spreading illness to others. If your child did not attend school, they cannot attend Club programming.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer if soap & water are not available.
– Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose and mouth.
– Avoid physical greetings like handshakes, hugs and kisses.
– Cough and sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard immediately. If no tissue is available, use your elbow!
The McKeown Boys & Girls Club takes our responsibility to care for our members and community seriously and will continue to focus on the health and security of our members. As the situation evolves, we will continue to adapt our procedures as appropriate and continue to update our community.