Join us for Kick in for Kids, Virtual 5K!
Kick in for Kids is a favorite, annual community event that supports the McKeown Boys & Girls Club. To keep the tradition alive this year & raise needed funds for our kids, we have decided to go virtual! Join us now here: bit.ly/5kforkids!
Did you know that in the midst of the COVID-19 public health crisis, our Boys & Girls Club is still there for our community? Nearly overnight, our staff team built out a “virtual Clubhouse” offering a variety of ways to keep kids and families healthy, safe and engaged during the “safer at home” advisory. In addition, we have been connecting with community resources to meet the basic needs of our most vulnerable families.
However, the crisis has also dried up nearly all of our funding sources. When families get back to work in the coming months, they are going to rely on the Club more than ever before and we want to prepare as best we can to meet those needs. To do so, we need the support of our community!
What: Walk or run a 5K on your own around your neighborhood!
When: Any time between Sunday, May 3, 2020 and Saturday, May 9, 2020.
Here’s How to Participate:
– Head to bit.ly/5kforkids to get started!
– “Join” if you want to create your own fundraising team or join an existing team. Or, simply “Donate” to support our Club through this virtual race.
– Share with your networks to help us spread the word! (Example: “I just donated to #5KforKids to support the McKeown Boys & Girls Club! I challenge these 5 friends to join me: … Get going & give! bit.ly/5kforkids”)
– When you go out to do your 5K, please be sure to stay safe & healthy by practicing safe social distancing and also covering your face if needed.
– After you complete your 5K, post a picture on social media & use the hashtag #5KforKids to promote health & fitness among our entire community.
– Print, decorate and wear your own Kick in for Kids race bib if you’d like!